What I Wore: Bows and Black

Friday, April 28, 2017


I have a very unique work life and on most days I'm jeans and a tee. I think my style has always been very laid back and I kept fighting it for so long just because I didn't think that in itself was STYLE. I thought a lot of effort went into "being stylish" and honestly style is really just an expression or a way to reflect who you are, just like keeping a diary or blogging. Your words are unique and yours and that is what style should be. 

But I think sometimes certain factors dictate or confine your style like where you live or your job among other things.


I've recently been getting back into vintage clothes/fashion so my shirt is a thrifted vintage shirt. I love that it has a tie-up neck which I can make into a bow. My pants are from Topshop and I've had them for over a year now but I never wore them to work, I felt they were too casual but I feel it worked out well for this look.


I'm a flats girl. I have given up heels and wearing them just because its expected or what not. I despise heels and no discomfort is worth it in my opinion.


I'd like to know if you feel living in Nigeria or the kind of job you have is making you hide your true style or is hindering your self expression through clothes.

XO,

Chisom.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and thoughts. I reply every single one!

Subscribe