Get The Look: Crochet Braids

Monday, August 15, 2016


Crochet braids seem to be all the rave and currently is one of the most popular hairstyles of 2016. I first saw crochet braids on an American-based Nigerian blogger called Kiitan.A who I follow mostly because she has the coolest hairstyles.


Kiitan. A of +Kiitanaxo 

I personally love crochet braids because it is a great protective hairstyle and it is so versatile so you can play around with it...a LOT! A few of my favourite bloggers have also been rocking this trend such as: 

Annabel Giwa-Amu of I Am Brownie

Cassandra Ikegbune of Cassie Daves
Ronke Raji of Ronke Raji

Zara Simon-Ogan of Efik Zara

Deola Adebiyi of Omogemura





Berry Dakara of  http://berrydakara.blogspot.com.ng/
If you want to "join gang" and get your own crochet braids done, its really easy. You can use the Xpression Kanekelon hair which is used for regular braids, you could use supreme kinky hair as well.
However there is a certain kind of wool popularly known as "Brazilian Wool". You can ask your hair stylist to get it for you or ask for it from any hair shop in your local market. Its really common and it is really lovely. That is what I used for my braids.


You can also get pre-braided hair to install and this is a great idea because it saves time and if you are a D.I.Y chic then these kind of braids will definitely save you some money. They usually look like this:

   
If you are in Nigeria you can get them at these stores:





If you are not living in Nigeria, here are some online stores you can visit :





I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know if you do! And you can tag me with photos of your crochet braids on my instagram : @chisomxo .

XO,

Chisom




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I think crotchet braids are awesome. Made them once and fell in love with them . But now I just have to figure out how to do them myself.

    www.KacheeTee.com || Bloglovin'!
    3 Important Details in Creating Beautiful Lasting Wedding Memories (Lessons from Our Wedding!)


    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and thoughts. I reply every single one!

Subscribe