In My Dreams, I Write About Osun

Thursday, August 20, 2020

 I think I am like Osun. She is me and I, her. I am a goddess, reliving this life again. I wonder about all the mistakes I have made, all the times I have been here, all the lives I have lived, all the ones I have loved or hurt. 


Osun is the goddess of love. In another life, I have been called Aphrodite. I hold the sweetness of tears, that longing that we have for expression, for the fullness of lips on lips, for the lull of moonlight on another's skin. 

I have gone round the world a million times before, yet it seems I never learn. I do not hold love, love holds me. Love chooses me as its goddess, as its servant, as its chalice. I do not choose it. Because let me tell you, somedays I hate the softness of my soul, I hate all mankind for only knowing how to take.  But what am I if the rest cannot suckle from my breasts, would I be a flower if I refused the bees my nectar? For they too did not choose their fate. But they must take from the flower, so they can give honey to the child. 


So you see, I am still learning, that I am here to shine, but also here to burn. And what a glorious miracle that is, to know love this deeply, this intimately, to love so much that it consumes me, every time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I love to read your comments and thoughts. I reply every single one!

Subscribe